To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid – Senior Level
LOCATION: Tobaccoville, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Director, HRBP Operations/Manufacturing
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Operations Leaders, HRBP Team
External – N/A
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Partner with leaders to identify team and organizational needs, evaluate options and develop solutions.
- Build effective partnerships with management team as well as production associates.
- Consults with line management on coaching and feedback efforts, people and performance decisions, employee engagement, communications, talent management development, organizational change initiatives and program rollouts
- Drive change management initiatives through a focus on shifts to culture, leadership and management requirements.
- Project management, data analysis and reporting.
- Execute employee engagement strategies
- Drive employee relations at local site
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have demonstrated leadership and people management experience, with the ability to lead and develop individuals at all levels and with an array of skill sets?
- Do youhave the decisive, demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting demands?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in progressively responsible roles within human resources, including human resources business partner or “generalist” roles.
- Prior experience implementing talent strategies for a research and development function highly preferred; experience in a multi-national global consumer products company would be beneficial.
- Knowledgeable in leading edge business practices, trends, and information; aware of reward and benefits strategies and innovative tactics being applied in the marketplace; Solid project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong collaboration and team-oriented approach with an ability to positively influence others across an organization at all levels.
- Ability to support 3 shift operation within manufacturing facility.
- Self-motivated, self-confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation.
- Able to build credibility among senior management and peers to gain commitment and support for major initiatives while placing company’s interests first.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills. Comfortable developing and delivering presentations utilizing data and insights.
- Strong conceptual thinker with an ability to analyse and grasp the broader picture; Possesses an inquisitive nature.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in business, human resources, or a related field preferred.
- 2-3 yrs HR business partnering or generalist experience supporting a manufacturing organization a must
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task assignments.
- Proven strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to critically assimilate and assess data.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to drive to consensus where appropriate
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!