To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
LOCATION: TOBACCOVILLE, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Master Engineer - Environmental
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Operations, Maintenance, Facilities, Utilities
External – Regulatory Agencies, Consultants
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Assist corporate environmental group to ensure compliance across all regulated media (e.g., air, water, haz waste, solid waste) including reporting, training, compliance inspections, etc.
- Manage the development and submittal of permit applications, programs, and plans
- Continuous interaction with operations and project engineers to develop their understanding of the multi-media environmental compliance implications of small- and large-scale projects
- Participate in internal and external compliance audits across all operating companies to evaluate program effectiveness and compliance
- Evaluate regulatory implications of capital projects to identify any permit requirements or compliance hurdles
- Support parent company’s short- and long-term sustainability goals and metrics reporting
- Assist with efforts to obtain and maintain ZWTL status at all operating companies including the development of outlets for waste recycling, composting, waste to energy, etc.
- Participate and/or lead environmental agency regulatory inspections at local sites
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Have you experience with ensuring multi-media compliance for complex capital projects and operational changes?
- Do you enjoy working in a challenging but rewarding team environment?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. or advanced degree in engineering, relevant science, or specific environmental discipline
- 5+ years of relevant environmental compliance experience in industry or consulting
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical thinking, reasoning, and decision-making skills
- Advanced organizational skills, detail-orientated, and ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to work without direct supervision to accomplish goals and meet schedules, and work as a team leader to address specific issues
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments and levels of management
- Title V air quality permitting, emissions inventories, and compliance reporting
- Working knowledge of universal waste and refrigerant management regulations
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!