To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
LOCATION: Winston Salem, USA
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Senior Manager, Procurement
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Scientific Research and Regulatory Internal Clients
External – Vendors/Suppliers
Up to 10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Lead Procurement cross-functional teams by coordinating all business activities to achieve purchase decisions which deliver the highest quality, reliability, and value to meet Company requirements.
- Develop, advocate and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for key spend areas to achieve short
- and long-term savings targets.
- Develop and maintain category profiles (demand & supply profile, SWOT, key stakeholders list, cost model,
- Maintain metrics for process improvement, supplier management and management reporting.
- Implement performance guarantee contracts to minimize RJRT risk and increase supplier accountability for
- Collaborate with client groups to define and communicate material or service specifications and requirements.
- Plan, manage and coordinate multiple category sourcing projects to ensure the desired business results are achieved based on best total value (quality, delivery, savings, etc).
- Analyze quotations for accuracy, completion, contract compliance and make sourcing recommendations.
- Manage day-to-day supplier interfaces including contract negotiation, Purchase Orders, discrepancies, project completion, etc.
- Communicate with internal clients, suppliers, and other Operations staff to ensure the timely delivery of, and payment for, required materials or services.
- Support strategic planning and the Procurement process for assigned materials and services while exercising good business and analytical skills.
- Develop, manage, and maintain supplier relationships which provides a competitive advantage.
- Utilizing third party resources, manage the creation and management of contracts, RFx initiatives, project savings in the eProcurement tool and the execution of accompanying purchase orders.
- Conduct benchmarking of category performance, applying market research and analysis for recommendations to client groups.
- Perform spend analysis, category analysis and develop recommendations for issue resolution.
- Manage special projects and/or assignments as required, using approved guidelines
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Have you had experience negotiating contracts?
- SAP experience? iCertis experience? Coupa experience?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Contract negotiations experience
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management
- Strong functional knowledge of computers and information systems
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change
- Scientific/Regulatory support experience, particularly in the area of procurement contracts for clinical studies, bioanalytical, and regulatory services
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in a regulated environment
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!