Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Senior Manager, Communications
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Business Communications and Sustainability (BC&S)
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Sr. Director, Business & Internal Communications
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Employees; Senior Leadership; Executives (as needed)
External – Select Media (Industry & Trade Media)
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Work collaboratively across a variety of internal and external stakeholders to support organizational and brand communications goals and produce fully integrated media and communications campaigns—including, but not limited to, ESG, Harm Reduction, employee engagement and community outreach.
- Manage support marketing, PR & communications agencies with developing scope of work, prioritizing projects, identifying opportunities for efficiencies, coordinating with LEX and marketing teams.
- Manage internal communications activations – sit on planning teams, develop high impact comms plans, execute on site media relations, monitor and report results.
- Assist in the development of compelling corporate and brand content and ensure a consistent brand identity and message.
- Serve as a Strategic Business Partner to key functions, providing communications insights as well as ongoing support, to include full-scale, enterprise-wide content creation and omni-channel communication strategies
- Engage and inspire internal stakeholders with the goal of aligning employees to our corporate strategy and Ethos while promoting all of RAI’s brands
- Create and manage content calendars aligned with brand and function activities
- Draft press releases and speeches following organizational news; Write letters, interdepartmental memos and other business correspondence; Communicate with media outlets and journalists and create press kits as needed
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Five plus years of progressive experience in a related field required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and familiarity with AP Style guidelines and journalistic writing.
- Effective team player who can work as part of a small and dynamic team, making innovative contributions and establishing good working relationships. Sound communications and policy acumen and judgement.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, resolve conflicts, solve problems and make decisions under tight time constraints.
- Ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization and motivate/foster a collaborative work environment.
- Understanding and experience of using social media, media monitoring services and digital communication channels. Profiency in Wordpress, Sharepoint, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office 365
- Seven plus years of integrated communications experience preferred.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!