To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Sr. Manager Supply Planning
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Team members across all subfunctions of Operations
External – Suppliers
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Execute activities to support the delivery of Cash, Cost, Service, and area KPIs for the assigned DRBU
- The lead manager is responsible for developing the supply schedule for finished goods and semi-finished goods where appropriate. The schedule should minimize brand changes and meet inventory stocking strategies while staying within staffing and equipment capacity constraints.
- The lead manager is responsible for managing finished goods / Materials in accordance with safety stock strategies
- The lead manager must have an overall understanding of manufacturing processes, supply chain and brand planning processes.
- The lead manager must possess a detailed understanding of the ERP planning tools.
- The position must have a working knowledge of direct materials for assigned operating unit .
- The lead manager will communicate plans and/or findings across, up and down the organization.
- The lead manager is required on occasion to track new brand launch performance versus expectations. Tracking analysis will include shipment patterns, machine performance, and/or material performance.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Can you develop supply plans?
- Are you a great leader and/or participant of project teams?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 7+ years relevant progressive work experience; Or Associate Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Technical, Business or related field and 6+ years relevant progressive work experience; OR Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain, Logistics, Technical, Business or related field and 5+ year experience Supply Chain and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present findings
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate across, up and down the organization
- Strong functional knowledge of computers and information systems
- Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!