To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
LOCATION: RJRT, Winston-Salem, NC
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
The Control Room Specialist ensures tobacco is processed to meet specifications and quality standards by interpreting and responding to product changes and process fluctuations through direct interaction with computer-based process control systems. The Control Room Specialist will also be responsible for utilizing IWS methodologies to eliminate losses related to Quality, Waste, and Productivity.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
The Primary Control Room Specialist monitors the tobacco manufacturing process to ensure all specifications are met and product meets acceptable quality standards. The Primary Control Room Specialist also takes ownership of areas in the department and will ensure that KPI targets are met.
Number of Direct Reports
- Set up production lines for various production runs through direct interaction with process system applications
- Monitor, analyze and adjust process based on accurate and timely analysis of data
- Ensuring production processes run smoothly and efficiently and reporting faults and breakdowns to appropriate support groups as required
- Interface with production planning personnel to maintain a functional schedule.
- Inspect processing equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Perform required duties related to Equipment Ownership, monitoring of losses, and documenting activities performed to address losses in their assigned area of responsibility.
- Operate Industrial vehicles, use ladders and powered lifts to heights of 40 feet.
- Control Room Specialist candidate must have solid working knowledge of manufacturing operations
- 2 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Windows based software, and MS Office Professional Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates self-motivation, personal leadership, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability and commitment to drive change in the organization.
- Leadership skills possessing the ability to lead a small project team.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- AA Degree in Applied Science or related field with 2-3 years manufacturing experience.
- WorkKeys: Applied Math Level 4, Workplace Documents Level 4, Graphic Literacy Level 4, Workplace observation Level 2 (preferred)
- Knowledge of, or prior experience in tobacco manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience monitoring production processes using computer-based process control systems
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that welcome opportunities for growth. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. Job Number: 44565
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!