BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid Management Level
SALARY RANGE: base salary (14 months) + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Taipei City, Taiwan
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role will be responsible for managing the operational delivery and project management within the New Product Introduction (NPI) function.
Reports to: Area NPI Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Greater China Cluster
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- On-Time and in-Full (OTIF) delivery of all basic and sophisticated projects assigned with high proficiency. Ability to manage complex project independently with minimal involvement from line manager.
- NPI update and reporting – ensure alignment between teams on NPI readiness and daily direction setting.
- End-to-end project management of NPI deployment inclusive of develop full project plan with input from functional authorities, supervise and lead project schedule as per the project plan.
- Provide Product Development Team (PDT) with visibility of project status and enable informed decision making for Commercial Business Partner i.e., Brands function.
- Effective signpost of NPI related project costs to budget holders including tooling, trials/MQS and WMS write-off. Use of effective tools e.g., Z2 planning to drive WMS write-off reduction.
- Collaborate with collaborators at all levels to develop aligned plans & priorities, resolve project issues and secure support vital to assure project delivery with the right level of access to facilitate informed decision making
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with Commercial business partners and the NPI Community including Product Development, Product Assurance, Packaging Development, SCIP, Quality, Factory & Regional NPI
- Support governance and compliance of the project management framework, as well as ensuring compliance to local data privacy, security and internal controls regulations for the markets served
- Proactive continuous improvement activities supporting the Process Owner and driven by Delivery Excellence teams
- Ensures that projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines.
- Handling project risks and ensure adequate risk mitigation is in place.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Individual who able to lead, develop, mentor and empower team members also contribute to accelerating the performance of the function.
- Individual who ensures timely delivery of all deliverables, included in the project plan.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Comprehensive understanding of the E2E-processes for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Minimum of 6 years of dynamic work experience in the operational delivery of these services, ideally in an end markets / shared service centre, with senior collaborator management and project management in an organisation of similar scale.
- Four-year university degree with focus on related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication, people management and change management skills as well as ability to be a great partner professionally
- Validated ability to successfully lead projects through strong project management
- Good organisational skills with inherent discipline in keeping documentation on projects up-to-date and in order
- Proficient English and Mandarin (verbal and written), Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good eye for details with a “hands-on” and “can do” demeanour
- Solid understanding of supply chain principles, core processes and systems
- Leadership skills to champion and guide on the new ways of working
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!