BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The role is responsible for running the end to end development activities, own the Product Stewardship and product support services (on an operational basis) relationship for the activities required for the development team
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Reporting Level: Management
Geographic Scope: Regional centre
What you will be accountable for
- Lead the assigned team development activities (innovation, continuous improvement, regulatory etc.) based on cycle plan to include consumer preferences, brand strategy portfolio/brand codes, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Promote and integrate ways of working within the DRBU product team.
- Manage the development and deployment activities for the assigned responsibilities within the team.
- Govern the quality management of blend and cigarette specifications to meet specification targets (focus here on blend monitoring, succession lists keep blends in tolerance etc).
- Lead all aspects of the regulatory compliance of the products within the team's portfolio.
- Be responsible for the accurate update of systems (TaO, Gloss) team responsibilities.
- Coordinate review progress of the development projects against the agreed targets.
- Responsible for providing effective leadership to the direct reports of the team - to include mentoring, performance management and Career Development.
- Supervise and monitor budget spend for development activities and projects in the team
Key Success Factors
- Delivery of Development priorities against the plan within assigned responsibilities.
- Customer requirements are delivered on time in full for those activities within the assigned responsibilities.
- Consumer Product Managers
- End Markets Head of Brands and Brand Managers
- Central Product Team
- Regional and Local NPI teams
- Product Services team
- Regional and local quality teams
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Educated to Degree in a science or related field or equivalent.
- Solid understanding and experience of tobacco styles and markets, blend developments, casings and flavourings, cigarette design, primary and secondary processing and their effects on smoking quality as well as an understanding of sensory data interpretation.
- Working and contemporary knowledge of Global tobaccos, availability, quality vs. standards, crop specifics & variations.
- Ability to lead development project.
- Project management including, planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!