BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
FUNCTION: Global Business Services Finance
SALARY RANGE: RM 1,500
DURATION: 6 months
LOCATION: Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of GBS Finance Tax Team
Reports to: Product Costing Assistant Manager
Reporting Level: Individual
Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Complete a range of activities, such as NPI costing, financial analysis and reporting, using the appropriate systems (SAP-ECC) and agreed standard processes.
- Perform period-end activities including Material Ledger, making sure all transactions are posted to materials and Cost centres accurately and period is closed as per timetable agreed
- Perform reconciliations for Product costings related GLs and follow-up on reconciling items to ensure all items are captured into the accurate GLs.
- Perform analysis and clearing of balance sheet accounts to ensure accounts are clean and suspicious transactions investigated.
- Provide support to audit process so that entity is able to run the balance of risk and control efficiently.
- Support migration project to ensure smooth transition of tasks from end markets to GBS (wherever applicable).
- Perform testing of new systems/technology and processes as and when required to minimise potential problems to operations.
- Identify and actively pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes in GBS.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated with professional accountancy qualification (i.e. CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) preferred.
- Possess a good understanding of group accounting principles – ability to identify accounting issues
- Able to identify process and reporting improvements and proactively implement solutions.
- Have a collaborative and flexible style. Able to influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills to support key stakeholders.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all stakeholders and is a team player.
- Has the ability to prioritise and manage own workload, is resilient and open to challenge.
- Calm under pressure, knows when to escalate, demonstrates a high degree of motivation and discipline. Demonstrates an organised and structured approach.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!