Reynolds American is evolving at pace - genuinely like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues ready to live our ethos every day. Be a part of this journey!
REYNOLDS AMERICAN IS LOOKING FOR A TERRITORY MANAGER:
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry Level
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of the Marketing - Trade Marketing & Distribution - Field.
Territory Managers are responsible for representing the Company in the sale, marketing, and promotion of its entire portfolio of products and programs when engaging retail outlets and adult nicotine consumers. Territory Managers drive the development and execution of strategic business plans and marketing programs within a defined, distinct geographic territory to expand Reynolds’ market share and are expected to spend most of their working time in the field.
Each Territory Manager provides exceptional training, including comprehensive Selling Skills training and coaching support, enabling individuals to leverage their strengths to successfully achieve targeted commercial quantitative and qualitative sales objectives. The Company demonstrates this commitment by empowering Territory Managers to challenge conventional thinking and creating an environment for innovative thinking regarding sales and marketing strategies. Independent judgment and decision-making, influencing/sales skills, business development, and data analysis skills are vital essentials to a Territory Manager position.
Reports to: Senior Division Manager
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Achieves commercial sales and growth objectives within territory assignment supporting Division, Region, and Company goals.
- Develops a local strategy and business plan for meeting individualized territory objectives, including identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, and targeting existing and potential retail outlets within the geographic territory for product sales opportunities.
- Develops product and POS material placements strategy to optimize sales and market visibility.
- Achieve customer/consumer engagement skills certification and consistently demonstrate mastery within Territory.
- Builds client willingness and capability to collaborate with the Company on key business fundamentals and drivers to accelerate the tobacco industry’s transformation and increase market share.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with local chains and distributors to increase sales and promote Reynolds brands through personal correspondence and influence, retail visits, and presentations.
- Sell/execute the 5Ps of presence, pricing, promotion, product, and personal selling to customers and adult nicotine consumers.
- Analyzes territory to identify and negotiate contracts with new retail customer opportunities.
- Collaborates with Division Manager on territory-specific customer and sales planning, Company product initiatives, and improving market share within the territory.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you consider yourself a self-starter who gets things done and enjoys growing brands through building relationships?
- Are you hungry for responsibility, accountability, and a chance to impact?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Established ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate with and engage retail customers and adult nicotine consumers in person
- Effective influencing, sales, negotiation, and marketing skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and safe driving records
- Ability to drive up to 100 miles per day
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from heights ranging from 9 to 12 feet
- Ability to access and work in limited and confined spaces
- Ability to visually inspect and manipulate merchandise and advertising displays
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel and crouch
- Previous experience in a marketing focused role - preferably in sales, field market, or business to business
- It helps if you are mobile and potentially willing to discover the USA while furthering your career. We promote movement to new territories and eventual career progression to our head office through career growth opportunities.
- Competitive annual salary
- Quarterly Sales Incentive Plan
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Cell Phone Allowance
- 401(k) plan offers the opportunity to save up to 50 percent of eligible compensation on a pre-and post-tax basis. The company matches 100 percent of team members’ pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave, and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who welcome growth opportunities. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company's potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require all new hires to be 21 or older.
About our organization:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; Vuse Stores LLC; Kentucky BioProcessing, Inc.; RAI Services Company and Reynolds Marketing Services Company. This position is with Reynolds Marketing Services Company. Job Number: 48255
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN — A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP.
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
• Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
• Reynolds American is certified as a Great Place to Work
• Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
• Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
• Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
• Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answer to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Bring your difference!
California Privacy Notice